When it is dark enough, you can see the stars and have picnics


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Pali
January 18th 2010
Published: January 31st 2010
Edit Blog Post

We had a relaxing day off school yesterday. The weather was gorgeous and we took the opportunity for a picnic up the hill behind the Ashram. The karma yogis put the dirt there that came out of the Talab (our water catchment area) when they were digging it out. It’s a magnificent view from up there and the boys had a ball. The picnic sweets were those little tube packets of M and Ms or smarties... actually called Gems here. They were a huge hit with the boys, both for the chocolate and the magnetic game on top. Like mini golf with a magnet! After feasting, we sat on the side of the hill and took in the view, had some climbing challenges, threw rocks and breathed slowly! No surprises that the boys didn’t want to come back to their homework or English class or other jobs! Oh the beauty of nature!

Aiden is researching the Greeks and he, Cal and Avatarpuri are enjoying writing their own mini books. While we now have a laminator (due to my accent this has been interpreted by many Europeans as ‘the lemonade maker’), I think we will soon be searching for a publishing company so the boys can share their stories with a wider audience!

The last big soccer game for a while was played on the lawn as we will be sitting on the grass to watch the Jan 26th, Independence Day performances. It is a big field area almost oval size. Pretty amazing to have ‘any’ grass here in the desert, but ‘so much’ is incredible! It was hand planted by Karma yogis in the past... they just walked around any garden areas and picked up pieces of grass that were growing and then transplanted them to this now huge grassed area. So this week it is enjoying some extra tlc, watering and weeding.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0303s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb