back to jodphur


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Jodhpur
September 29th 2002
Published: September 29th 2002
Edit Blog Post

jodphurjodphurjodphur

it is pretty from a height! A mass of blue buildings
Got up at 05:00 for our deluxe bus to Jodphur.....NOT!!! We were the only westerners which was cool, however we stopped for everyone on the highway. We even made stops that were not on the way so that selling and buying could go on!! Loads of people sat on the roof and in the aisle- absoloutley boiling. Took over 5 hours. Rickshaw blokes at the bus station were an absoloute nuisance. We decided to stay at the hotel which we stayed at last time (rickshaw bloke had no idea were he was going ) and there was a march for BJP going on right through town which exacerbated the situation. Eventually got to the "Royal Palace"- not quite a palace but it is clean and we knew that they sell beers!. Wanted Rs 1,500 for a room(ha ha!!) After much humming and haaing and rifling through our lonely planet we got it for Rs 650! Went to on the rocks for lunch- so tranquil, you cannot believe you are in Jodphur- spent Rs 360 on lunch!!! I had a maharaja sandwich , which had MEAT in it ! Got a friendly rickshaw bloke to sort out the bus for tommorow to Jaisalmer- apparently deluxe!! (Mmmm we'll see for Rs 90 each)
Had evening meal in the hotel- had 1 and a half bottles of beer!! and watched indian's version of MTV . Went to bed at 23:30 which is late for us!
*We have been to Jodphur in 2001 and it was our least favourite place in Rajhastan- some people love the hustle and bustle... we really did not like it due to the sheer amount of people, poverty and the smog/ pollution was awful- we had to go because it is the easiest way of getting to Jaisalmer.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.116s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0925s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb