The Blue City!


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Jodhpur
February 5th 2009
Published: February 10th 2009
Edit Blog Post


The Blue City, well part of it is, not the part we stayed in. To be honest it was abit of a dump, after being out in the desert for nearly a week when the bus pulled into Jodphur it was abit of a shock to be greeted by what seemed like hundreds of rickshaw drivers and touts jumping on the bus to try and take you god knows where! Luckily we have our guide, who I cant believe I havnt mentioned before! Chandra is fab! He just tells them all to bugger off and herds us all in the right direction, its more like having a mate who knows his way around the place than a tour guide! in this instance we were herded into rickshaws and had the most scary rickshaw ride ever!! it was complete sensory overload driving through that city!!

We got to our hotel which was basic to be polite, but clean! After an afternoon relaxing and checking out the local area (bike shops) the next day it was time to explore Mehrangarh Fort, which as far as im aware along with the Sadar Bazaar are the only things worth seeing in Jodphur (sorry if I seem a little negative). The fort is amazing with perfect views over old Jodphur (the blue part - they paint them blue to keep the mozzies away) We spent the morning wandering around the fort and then went to the bazaar and bought fruit and veg as after so much curry you start to crave plain stuff. An old lady was begging so i gave her some of my carrots and apple, she wasnt impressed, it was only after that someone pointed out to me that she didnt have any teeth so a raw carrot wasnt probably the best thing to give her! opps!!

So were getting off the beaten track again tomorrow as we head to Bhenswara. we have the luxury of private jeeps for our journey!

bye!XX

PS sorry for the lack of pics on this one - my camera had abit of a tantrum in Jodphur!! its better now though! had a sand problem!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Sati HandsSati Hands
Sati Hands

Il explain what these are in my next blog


Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0738s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb