Jodhpur


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Jodhpur
February 10th 2008
Published: February 13th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Oh no!Oh no!Oh no!

Tyre blow out!
Aftter chilling in Pushkar for one more day and saying good bye to the amazing hostel we spent the last night in, called the milkman, where the hostess told us the place was our home and we were free to do what we liked, including relaxing on the massive roof terrace and lazing about in hammocks, we set off from pushkar to head to jodhpur. The road was much the same as the others with plenty stops to miss cows and othere assorted obstructions. After hearing a loud pop and wondering what it was we finaly realisid it was the sound of a tyre puncture!! stopping in the middle of nowhere yielded plenty of people to come and watch us change a tyre, after this little side show we continued towards jodhpur, albeit slightly more carefully now we were down to only four tyres!!

Arriving in jodhpur at about 4.30 we headed straight out after checking into th hotel to see the Chittar palace, completed in 1947 it is the second largest temple t the Taj mahal and truly spectacular, comprising a 70 room hotel and the royal residence as well as a museum the scale of the place is stunning! The museum was a short yet excellent affair and described the life and pursuits of the current maharaja of rajasthan, the region in which we are travelling at the moment.

That evening we relaxed on the roof with a few beers and went for a meal nearby. Sleep that night was again an eventful occasion with ollie trying to buy fruit in his sleep, in his own little language!! no success there!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0269s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb