Train to Jaisalmer


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Jaisalmer
September 23rd 2006
Published: September 26th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in Jaisalmer after taking the train from Jaipur. Our first experience with the trains since we decided to go it alone and ignore peoples constant requests for our money in exchange for the air conditioned car tours. Hopefully we can now escape the constant trips to the overpriced tourist emporiums! Caroline managed to get a silk shirt made for at one for a high price then told them she didn't like it when she realised how much she was being ripped off and we walked off leaving on very good terms...

So anyway, the train journey was an eye opening experience. We arrived at the station 22:30 and found there was a hour and a half delay on our train. There were people lying everywhere, smells where smelt and a few rats spotted. As we saw trains pulling in crammed with people we began to get a little worried. Ours arrived and we got on. We were in a two tiered air conditioned sleeper carriage we had nothing to worry about. It was cool and there was space without bodies and not too much loud snoring. We bedded down and tried to sleep. We didn't manage it. We watched out of the window as place came and went and finally we saw the sign for Jaisalmer. 14 hours later we were tired, hungry, bursting for the toilet, grumpy and we were greeted by a mob of men waving hotel signs in our faces. Just what we wanted.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.037s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0223s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb