hello Rajasthan


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Jaisalmer
February 5th 2006
Published: February 5th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Arriving at the Jaisalmer railway station on 3rd Feb.,we booked our further reservations on trains. In five minutes we reached to the center of the town. We walked up the fort and found a suitable hotel with town view for 700 inR per night. Hotel and restaurants are serving beer in Jaisalmer. Hotel keeper arranged a camel tour for the next day, continuing to the sand dunes by jeep.
We enjoyed the camel ride of four hrs. At lunch under a tree on the desert we gave a stop. Our camel man cooked for us a delicious meal. By the way we both of us learned to cook in small pots and the simplicity of life. I think we make the life hard. Gunay offered a piece of soap to the guide to make his hands clean. After using the soap he smelt his hands with a smile, and he said "we are desert man soap is not for us" in a low and expressive voice.
In the afternoon we made some more way to a temple by the camels and the jeep had come to take us from the temple. We visited the Hindu temple paying 20 inR and went
Jaisalmer FortJaisalmer FortJaisalmer Fort

General view
on our tour to the sand dunes visiting a very poor village on the way. Most of the people were hiring camels by the dunes and waits until the sun set, but we didn't and turn back to the town.
We again had a nice dinner at The Trio rest. which is said to be the best here.
Hope to write on either Jaipur, Agra or Varanasi.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

our hotelour hotel
our hotel

in the fort
Indian WomanIndian Woman
Indian Woman

how colorfull she is
sun risesun rise
sun rise

from the Jaisalmer fort
goatgoat
goat

eatin flowers
at the roof at the roof
at the roof

our hotel


Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 69; dbt: 0.0682s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb