Jaisalmer


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Jaisalmer
December 1st 2006
Published: December 19th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Jaisalmer



Ok, so Jaisalmer is probably as nice as it says in the Lonely-Planet guide. But Pete was sick- so we spent our entire time there discussing the symptoms of all the possible diseases we could have. Fortunately the vomitting only lasted a day, so its probably just a parasite that can be sorted out when we come home. Only jokes- Ness ran around getting water, supplies and playing nurse so he's just fine now.

When Pete was better we went into the desert for a camle safari/ride. it was raining to start with so we felt a bit silly. But then the weather cleared up and we saw loads of other people on their camels. Ness's camel was yawning and farting loads. That night we stayed in a mud village cos it was too cold to camp again. There we ate curried desert bushes, drank beer and listened to funny stories from a drunk dutch man. Also, we listened to plenty of rude jokes- which the Indians can't seem to get enough of. One guy called Harry had to retire to the bathroom to control his giggles!


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Camel yawning!Camel yawning!
Camel yawning!

They've got rank mouths.
Camel ridingCamel riding
Camel riding

These guys are actually more comfortable when they're running!
Sand dunesSand dunes
Sand dunes

Doesn't touch wahayba though...


2nd January 2007

Great!!
LOVE the flirting camel!!!... how do yoy know that was what he/she was doing??

Tot: 0.155s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 13; qc: 66; dbt: 0.0729s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb