DAY 5: Jaipur, Pink Sun Guest House


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Jaipur
February 13th 2011
Published: February 15th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Can't remember Indian name...Can't remember Indian name...Can't remember Indian name...

But it's sugar and aniseed to help breath after eating
Woke up at midday today. Got some breakfast and headed out to the street markets at about 2pm. Jaipur is supposed to be brilliant for shopping so we were quite looking forward to it. We decided to walk in and not get a taxi. You need to barter hard. We tried to explain the importance of Primark and how we could get this stuff dirt cheap in England- they see tourists and immediately double prices.

I felt a bit homesick today- by this point we’d been groped and stroked in the market and you just have to get used to people stopping and staring at you. Also, I think there because there are no other tourists here at all- we’ve definitely come at a low season- we’re quite the novelty I think. Most places were closed because it was a Sunday so I rang home to try and perk up. Definitely did the trick- we then splashed out on a meal for about 20 pounds, which is well expensive- we wouldn’t even pay that in England, but it’s the first place we came across that did red wine and beer so we stayed. Felt much better after that!


Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement



Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0478s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb