6th Sept


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Jaipur
September 26th 2010
Published: September 26th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hello!

We've just had the busiest few days! The day we landed after our over night flight, we were back at the hotel by eleven in the morning, and by half past we were in bed asleep. We didn't wake up until 8 the next morning.

After breakfast of stale toast, an old banana and chewy cornflakes (minus the milk-they only had curd...) we met the rest of the group and our tour leader Satendra. We then went sightseeing. Saw the Red Fort of Delhi, Ghandi's Grave (which was stunning) and in the afternoon we drank masala chay whilst watching a demonstration of Indian hand knotted rugs and carpets. They are so expensive, but they take months and months to make and they are very beautiful. Got a good few photographs too haha.

This morning we travelled from Delhi to Jaipur - a city which is totally created out of red sandstone, which gives it the nickname "the pink city". The only buildings which aren't made of the sandstone are the kings palaces and forts, to show everyone what they are. Apart from seeing his palace, we saw a place which is basically a massive courtyard, filled with funky looking statues. It's a bit like the planet from the loony tunes, where the little black faced martion lived, with the huge telescope - only it was much sunnier. These buildings were built hundreds of years ago, and are either sundials (that are precise to every fifth second), or built to read the planets and the stars- horrorscopes and that. It was really interesting, and Becky's mum Amanda would have literally loved it - she's really into things like that.

We also saw a snake charmer, who let me and Becky sit with him while he played and let us touch them. The snakes had had their fangs removed though so there was no danger, but it was still very cool.

Tonight we're going to a restaurant where there will be dancers, and Becky and I have a very early start tomorrow before our hot air balloon ride - very exciting stuff!

In a bit yeah!?
Froshie xx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0357s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb