The pink city


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Jaipur
January 11th 2009
Published: January 11th 2009
Edit Blog Post

After a long haul on the train we dragged opur stiff bodies out of bed and into Jaipur at 5 in the morning. As it doesn't get light until almost 8 you can imagine not much is happening! It took us three attepts to find a hotel but we found one and promptly went back to bed to wait for a more civilised hour. Today we have done a rather slow walking tour of the old city and checked out some parts of the palace, the pink painted biuldings and the bazaar. We are both feeling a bit tired so we have been taking it pretty easy and intend an early night, especially since we have to check out 24 hours after we checked in at 6 a.m. Arnee has changed from swearing in Indonesian to English when people ask him to buy shit that he doesn't want. We also got something for free today - a guy fixed my jumper for nothing (we had to pay him for his honesty)! Jaipur is really busy butmost things other than the markets are clised - we guess we chose the wrong day. Tomorrow we travel to Agra and will try to stay somewhere with a view of the Taj MAhal so we can watch it under the full moon!

I have uploaded the photos again. for some reason it spacked it..


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



12th January 2009

Taj
So how did it look under the full moon....hope you got a photo.....

Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0409s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb