Jaipur ..Capital of Rajastan


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Jaipur
October 2nd 2017
Published: October 2nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

We arrive in Jaipur hoping that the hotel is good...called Shaphura House. Raj said good but not upper but not lowest so that confused us a bit. In fact a wonderful Heritage property and we have a lovely room. The common areas are just beautiful billiard room etc. Built in 1940s.
We have lunch ..a Caesar Salad and an Apple & Asparagus...they were good but not quite right eg no asparagus...!
Had a swim and then Raj picked us up at 4...I bought a tee shirt at a sports shop ( Puma dry. .) and we looked around local mall.
Back to hotel at 6 GnT in room and went down for dinner at 730.
Very happy with accommodation.
2/10...we had cancelled the tour of Fort and Palace of Winds. Instead Raj drove us through the old city and out past the Palace to the Amber Fort. We took photos of the outside and are glad we did not do tour as it was a public holiday and crowds of people both domestic and foreign tourists..on drive back through old town and Bapu Bazaar the traffic was intense and we got bumped a couple of times by motor scooters...no damage. Had lunch and back to hotel to pool.. lovely swim and read the daily papers which are really interesting. Big articles on the NDO policy..I think NDO but anyway it is all to do with the toilet issue....no defecating in open spaces. One guy in a village was fined R75000 but can't pay and doesn't see why he should build a toilet when there is plenty of land around and also a railway track behind his house.....
Just having a G and T in room then down for dinner. All bars "dry today " as it is Gandhi Day.
Tomorrow cooking lesson with lunch....

Our 3rd day in Jaipur, 3/10,What a neat city. Six mill people but of course the population density is such that in area it is smaller than Auckland.
A leisurely breakfast and swim before Raj picks us up at 11 and we hook up with the local agent of Gets Travel to go for our Cooking Class. Of course we have no idea of the format and we end up in a lovely suburban house belonging to the sister of the agent and his wife is the main cook. So just us.. what a memorable occasion. We were in the kitchen and both made Chapati and Curry Pakora which was served with various dishes such as lovely spinach & corn, Raita with pomegranate and then we sat down to eat it for lunch. Lovely people and we have vowed to keep in contact.
Then a bit of shopping ....JG got 2 pairs shorts and a pair of pants ( birthday present) and then back to our beautiful little palace for Long Island iced teas by the pool...could life get any better.
A leisurely start tomorrow with 11am pick up to drive to our next destination..Kesroli where we stay in a 14th century fort. Overnight there then onto the big one...Agra and The Taj Mahal. ...


Advertisement



Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0243s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb