My kind of camping!


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Bassi
January 10th 2011
Published: January 13th 2011
Edit Blog Post

After a 3 hour wait in the freezing cold at Bundi rail station for a train that was nowhere to be seen, we decided to travel by way of jeep to our next destination.

Our first night in the Bassi area was spent camping by a lake and under the stars. I should mention here that it was actually luxury camping with ensuites and all! My kind of camping!!! As we were pretty much in the middle of no where, it was the perfect place to just sit back and relax.

Our second night in the Bassi region was spent at the luxurious Castle Bijaipur. The Castle is a fortified mansion and is still owned and run by the Singh family, who have been in the area since they can trace back. We were definitely spoilt with the hospitality of the family and the meals were AMAZING!!!

We were also fortunate enough to visit a nearby community which was a great way to immerse ourselves in the local culture and lifestyle. The only downside was a lot of the children weren't just asking for photo's, pens or money, but were almost demanding it. They became very pushy when we said no and one even tried to slip her hand in my bag to try to grab something. It was sad to see the negative impact that tourism has on the local community all because travellers come uninformed and give to the kids and beggars.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 62; dbt: 0.057s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb