Chandigarh - the cosmo city


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Punjab » Chandigarh
April 29th 2012
Published: April 29th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Having grown up in a city which till many years ago was remembered as the city for the tired and the retired, the city has come a long way since then and is bustling with activity till the wee hours.




A small city with a very complex bureaucratic setup, the city does not comprise of a lot of attractions other than a lake and the rock garden made from waste material ( a definite tourist attraction), but the very design of the city, its gardens, lush greenery all in the backdrop of the mountains makes it a very different city from the rest of the country.




Chandigarh, a very difficult name to pronounce for people not from the region, is cosmopolitan in nature. The night life in the city is strictly restricted to just pubs and night clubs and nothing more but it is the starting point for tourists willing to explore further north of India, the mighty Himalayas.




Easily approachable by all means of transport including air, it is a 250 km journey from the city of New Delhi. Accomodation, food, transport are never a problem and with lot many international and domestic hotel chains already underway with construction and completion of their properties, tourists shall definitely be spoilt for choice.












Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0398s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb