The botanical garden of Pondicherry


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Pondicherry
January 11th 2014
Published: January 11th 2014
Edit Blog Post

The botanical garden is one of the attractions in Pondichery. It is located near the bus stand (rather in between railway station and bus stand). The size of the botanical garden is more than double the size of Bharati park. There are many medicinal plants and other rare and interesting trees in the botanical garden.
At the center of the garden there is a statue of two beautiful bulls. These two white bulls face to each other in a fighting position. They look very attractive (picture below). Apart from the trees and plants there are many interesting statues and other artefacts. We could see a beautiful statue of a hermit (picture below).There is a toy train running in the botanical garden. The ticket for the toy train is Rs 10/- (It may be useful to mention that the entry to the botanical garden is free.) In general, the botanical garden of Pondicherry is an interesting place. However, it is less visited than Bharati park because of its location. I was not impressed much with the gardens of Pondichery because I am from the garden city of Bangalore. If you are visiting pondichery only for a day then you may skip this place. But if you are visiting pondichery for more than two days, then this place may be added to your itinerary. Watch my video on the botanical garden on youtube.
<iframe style="color:� font-family: 'Times New Roman'; font-size: medium; line-height: normal;" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rmGspqq8cWo" frameborder="0" width="480" height="360"></iframe>

Advertisement



22nd March 2015

Places to visit in Pondicherry
I read your blog. It has contain more information. Really very interesting to read about places to visit in Pondicherry. Thank you. know more places at http://www.theweekendleader.com/Travel/1802/pondy-hotspots.html

Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 17; qc: 50; dbt: 0.046s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb