Three beautiful Churches of Pondichery


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Pondicherry
January 11th 2014
Published: January 11th 2014
Edit Blog Post

There are many beautiful churches in Pondicherry. However, I liked three of them which are very beautiful. They are the sacred heart church, Immaculate conception cathedral and Ariyankuppam church.

The sacred heart church



This church is located just in front of the railway station on MG road. This is a beautiful church having a beautiful prayer hall. This is not only attractive but also an important landmark.

The Immaculate Conception Cathedral



This is a beautiful church on the Cathedral road or Mission road (picture below). We went there in the evening when there was huge gathering for prayer.

Lady of Health Church in Ariyankuppam



This church is in Ariyankuppam about 6kms south of Pondichery. If you go 6 kms on Cuddalore road you can find this church on the road side.

Other interesting places



If you are going to Ariyankuppam church you can go 3 kms more to visit Birampatnam sea beach. The road is divided near the church, the left side goes to Birampatnam and right side road goes to Cuddalore. If you go 5 kms further on Cuddalore road you will find Chunnambar boat house.

Watch my video on the Churches



You may like to watch my video of the above three attractive churches.
<iframe style="color:� font-family: 'Times New Roman'; font-size: medium; line-height: normal;" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pZs_TqiHC-M" frameborder="0" width="480" height="360"></iframe>

Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0606s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb