The Dry Day!


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Pondicherry
February 13th 2006
Published: February 14th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Impossible Instruction!Impossible Instruction!Impossible Instruction!

How can anyone be able to walk on the footpath, when there is a row of motorbikes parked right on the path?
The other day, Amri and I took a bus to Pondy to look at a pushbike that I want to get and drink a few beers while we were there. As usual, we talked so much on the bus, I think we really unnoyed a lot of people.

When we got there, we found out it was one of those

dry

day. All the booze shops and the bars were closed for the day due to a very important festival for Tamils. We weren't too upset by it all, we had some ice-cream and had lunch at a restaurant that was right next to the ocean.

We had a look at the bikes, they were really good. The one that I am interested in is about Rs.10ks. The one Amri is interested in was about Rs.23ks. He said that he would get one of those after he retires.

It was a good trip, I really enjoyed Amri's company. I also didn't have a clue to what to look for in a bike. Just before leaving the cycle shop, I asked the guy if he knew a place where we could get some beer. He told us to go
Pondy at nightPondy at nightPondy at night

Pondycherry is a very slow paced town where you can alocohol quite cheaply.
to a place, but when we got there, they said their bar was also closed for the day. It was funny for us to turn up there on a holiday!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 60; dbt: 0.0525s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb