The "Croc" Report # 1


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » National Capital Territory » New Delhi
March 23rd 2010
Published: March 23rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Crocs - Uppa!Crocs - Uppa!Crocs - Uppa!

As you can see - looking pretty good still - 7 weeks constant wear in India.
Croc Report for just about NEW Crocs worn in India from Feb 3rd to March 23rd 2010.

Welcome to the first official India 2010 Croc Report. Having decided to come to India wearing nothing but Crocs and a smile (oh - and some clothes) - with no other shoes to fall back on - it may be of some universal interest to report back on just how those Crocs are fairing?

Firstly I would like to report that wearing bright red Crocs in India does indeed get one more attention perhaps than other ‘milder’ colours - both because it falls in line with the Bagwan colours of oranges and reds, but also because they are just dam bright and stick out.

But the real substance of the report is about answering this fundamental and important question:

How have the Crocs faired from a practical point of view after almost 7 weeks of daily constant use walking here and there on the highways and byways of India - including a month of traveling with it’s usual walking regime - and then a month of getting around Delhi on public transport and walking the streets?

Well my friends
Crocs - lower (treads) Crocs - lower (treads) Crocs - lower (treads)

As you may not be able to CLEARLY see (trust me?) - some smooth wearing here - but still some decent tread to speak of.
- I am pleased to report the following:

1. Even for me - a Achilles heel challenged being (I usually wear orthotics and suffer from micro tears in my Achilles tendon) - they have been exceptionally comfortable. I am not saying that I don’t sometimes get sore tendons - but am not sure that this is much more than usual although wearing orthotics when back home does definitely improve matters.
2. The general wear and tear of the upper Crocs has been good. Sure there is some grime staining (see pic) but not that much and I daresay no more than from similar extended use anywhere.
3. The tread (now we are getting down to really important matters) is wearing quite well considering. The pic will show there is definitely some of the dreaded ‘flattening’ which does mean one must start now to avoid wet smooth surfaces. On the positive side though - apart from temple floors and very plush hotels (the former one must remove one’s shoes to enter and I would rarely be seen dead in a plush hotel!) there tend to be very few clean shiny and wet (all at the same time) surfaces in India - so pretty safe there. But still - beware from here on in - specially the inevitable sliding capacity of a fresh cow paddy on a relatively flat surface!

End of first report (possibly the only report - we’ll see what develops!)

Apologies to RD who already did receive a preliminary "Croc" report some weeks back.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.036s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 22; dbt: 0.02s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb