Namaste


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » National Capital Territory » New Delhi
March 6th 2006
Published: March 6th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Pahar Ganj Bazaar in New DelhiPahar Ganj Bazaar in New DelhiPahar Ganj Bazaar in New Delhi

Its not easy for a little Tiger to make its way here.
India - Delhi

India is just like a big fish, you love it, but sometimes it can give you a hard time. - Shirkaan



So we finally made it to tiger country. To tell you the truth, I havent met any tigers yet. But I am still looking.

Our first room was at the Namaskar Hotel in the middle of pahar ganj. Pahar ganj is a big buzzing bazaar, where you can buy almost everything India has to offer. The streets are narrow and quite dirty. Actually it was quite a bit of a shock, when we arrived here. I thought tiger country would be much nicer. Then the hotel room was not good at all. Everything was sticky and dirty and the bathroom was very small, too. The blankets on the bed looked like they were used to cover horses before the hotel bought them. But at least we had our little flying carpet rene bought us at qatar, so we could sleep safely and clean.

At least the cockroaches did not enter the bed, because they were afraid of the bedbugs...

After a while even my sensitive nose got used to the smells of India. There is so much to see. Women are dressed in beautiful sarees that come in all colors. They even have golden rings in the nose. I wonder if this hurts. Some have a red dot on their forhead. And of course Ojo already has a red dot, too. He even thinks about buying a saree, but he has not made up his mind about the color.




Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0182s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb