Delhi first impressions


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » National Capital Territory » New Delhi
November 29th 2005
Published: December 6th 2005
Edit Blog Post

29/11/05

Summary:
Not much really happened here and we spent most of our time adjusting to indian life. It's not been a culture shock as such because I had already been told what this place is like but what suprised me was that nothing i had heard had been an understatement. Nothing.


Everything:

Having been delayed a day from a late flight and having to stay overnight in Dubai (all expenses paid - very nice) i arrived at a hotel at about 6.am with three other guys (Rupert, Paul and Tony) i met on the plane. We all decided to have a couple of quick beers (remember the time difference) and some food.

After that they all went to bed and i decided to push through to try and sort out my body clock so i went for a walk for a few hours.

Although not a shock because everybody had already told me what it was going to be like it was very intense and after three hours of various cockups and getting lost in the ghettos of Delhi trying to buy a train ticket myself from the station and being misdirected by touts
Delhi by nightDelhi by nightDelhi by night

A view from a rooftop cafe in the backpacker district of Pahargang
trying to sell their own tickets i gave up and went back to the hotel for some rest. One good result though was that I managed to buy all the medicine i needed which would have cost well over 60pounds in england for about 5pounds!

Later that day when the others finally got up we spent the afternoon/evening wondering around the area where our hostel was and where all the backpackers and other tourists hang out (Pahargang). Even though this is the "touristy" area there is still hundreds of indians to every tourist!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.193s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 61; dbt: 0.1162s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb