Nighoj, Pune: Pothole of Asia


This journal has been deleted.
COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader_blog_bottom



Comments only available on published blogs

10th June 2009

Worth a visit!
It is good information for all. The last few km of the drive are troublesome, but the place is beautiful. One has to see it to believe it!
25th June 2009

My next trip
I have never heard about this! Thanks for sharing. This will be my trip this Sunday :)
25th June 2009

Wait a while
Bhavesh, It might be a good idea to wait for the river to flow. With monsoon around, the wait will be worth your while. Prakash
7th February 2010

Can even go by bus
I just want to add that the place is reachable by bus as well, and thats a lot of fun.We were two girls traveling from Pune.From Shivajinagar bus stand we took a ST to Shirur at around 11.30. Pune-Shirur buses are aplenty.From Shirur, another ST to a place called DeviBhoire or something like that. This connecting ST might not be as frequent. The taluka place for Nighoj seems to be Parner. A bus to Parner should also be good. This dropped us at Nighoj.It is a 3km walk from where the bus drops you to the site of the potholes. You might be able to hire a tum-tum. But we chose to walk.Even in the 2 o'clock sun, it was an amazing walk. How often does one get to walk on a trafficless clean road, breathing clean air, with nothing else but farms around you ? On the way back we took the same route. We got a ST to Shirur at 6 o'clock.

Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 80; dbt: 0.0913s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb