Big Boss and beautiful views


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Maharashtra » Mumbai
October 20th 2013
Published: October 20th 2013
Edit Blog Post

My work here so far has included dancing on a popular television show, Big Boss, which is similar to Big Brother. It is a fantastic opportunity, as we get to appear on national television and dance alongside the host, Bollywood star Salman Khan. The choreography is really fun and we always wear bright, colourful costumes. So far I have appeared in five episodes of Big Boss and thoroughly enjoyed it.

The set itself is located in a town called Lonavala, which is in the mountains and roughly a three hour drive from Andheri. It's such a beautiful place, and even though the journey there is so long, it never bothers me because the views along the way are spectacular. Just driving through Mumbai itself is fascinating, it's a vast expanse of shanty towns and modern skyscrapers that seems never-ending. As we drove away from the city the landscape became increasingly green and rural, and I could see the dark green mountains in the distance. Driving further up, along the twisting, winding mountain road the views became increasingly impressive: mist and clouds hanging low over the lush green peaks, monkeys sat at the edges of the road. As we neared Lonavala, I looked out of the car window to see the spectacular view of Mumbai far below. We normally drive to the set early in morning and then return after dark, both views are amazing, but at night seeing those millions of twinkling lights is breathtaking. I tried to take pictures (not so easy from a very fast moving car!) but no picture will do that view justice - it's one of the most beautiful landscapes I have ever seen.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.06s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb