Japan to Mumbai


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Maharashtra » Mumbai
May 1st 2013
Published: May 1st 2013
Edit Blog Post

Today was primarily an airport and travel day. Not much going on in Narita. Pretty misty and the hotel pretty far from anything so we decided to take off to the airport early in the day. Our flight was not until noon so we hung out at the ana lounge with David pretty much gorging himself on both food and drink. Got to Facebook with the Philly kohls and the SB abrams.

When we went over to gate 57 for our flight it looked pretty quiet. The flight was held up for about 10 minutes while waiting for a small group of dignitaries who were rushed to the plane. The 737 700 was an interesting experience. It had 6 rows of business class seats and 5 rows of coach. The call this their business jet. It was like flying on a private jet.

after landing in Bombay (turns out that most of the people like that better than Mumbai, turns out that our plane parked at gate 55 which based on the walk to immigration was actually in Jakarta. Finally made it through immigration and customs and we were met with the friendly A&K sign held by sayid who drove us to our first stop at the Taj Palace hotel. On the way we found a Citibank ATM and since I had no idea what the money is here, I took out 2000 things which according to Sayid is about 400 USD

From There it was off to our home for the next 4 nights. Security is amazing aroun here...it's like Israel. Cars stopped before getting into hotel and everything going through X-ray. Remember this was the hotel that. Was bombed a few yearafoot. Lovely greeting and we were led to our room which turns out too be a suite with butler service. A sitting room, two bathrooms, a bedroom and two televisions. It's now 11pm here. We ate plenty on plane and decided to just stop at a small coffee show for a sandwich. Turned out to be Starbucks, and a real hangout for local teens. Back too our room now. I think.I need to call my butler to tuck us in. Until tomorrow, when we meet Daniel for our first tour.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0494s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb