Recruiting Drive - Day 1


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Maharashtra » Mumbai
January 23rd 2010
Published: February 7th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Panels at workPanels at workPanels at work

Several tables were set up, each had a label for the type of interview, i.e. Java, Oracle, QA, etc.
Day one of the recruiting drive was intense. By the end of the day 160 people had come through the doors. While I wasn't part of the first drive I think this round was much more organized and efficient. It was organized into several stages with each stage filtering out candidates. Stage one was a technical test, stage two was an interview with a 2 person panel. Stage three was an interview with Tray or I, and finally stage four was with HR.

We paused a couple hours into it only to emphasize that if a candidate wasn't a fit the panels could excuse them as soon as they had determined that.

Some observations...there weren't many women, people drove from all over (one gentleman drove 4 hours on a motorcycle to interview), lot's of good candidates.

All-in-all, the day was a huge success. We hadn't processed as many candidates as we had expected (up to 900 for the weekend!) but a respectable amount. Every indication led us to believe that Sunday would bring a deluge of candidates.


Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement

More panelsMore panels
More panels

Candidates were waiting in the background. Despite the efficiency, some waited quite a while.


Tot: 0.183s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 60; dbt: 0.073s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb