From heaven to hell...


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Maharashtra » Mumbai
January 24th 2006
Published: January 24th 2006
Edit Blog Post

In Mumbai now and having a really bad time!! We got picked up from the airport yesterday and taken to our hotel. It is in the most horrible area - definitely down town Mumbai and the hotel is horrible (like really disgusting with windows that don't shut properly, broken lights etc). And the hotel was full of local people, there were no tourists to be seen anywhere. We felt completely distraught and went straight to the Internet cafe to find the numbers of the airline (to try and bring our flight forward), the number for STA (who we'd booked the hotel through - we've already started on the complaint letter and taken pictures of the hotel!) and the number for the hotel where staying in in Bankok (to see if we can stay a day earlier). Well without much success (as it was about 6pm by this point and most places were shut) we went back to the hotel, made a list of things to do the next day, played some games to try and take our minds off things then tried to get some sleep. The whole of our floor was filled with families that all seemed to know eachother and spent the whole night in the corridors shouting and little children kept screaming and throwing marbles at our door so didn't get a great nights sleep! But on a brighter note, we phoned the airline this morning and are going to Bankok a day earlier, leaving at 5am tomorrow morning - someone was definitely looking down on us today!! Patrice spoke to this women when we were in Goa who had been to Mumbai and recommended this resaurant. It's about an hour from the hotel but we got a cab to this area this morning (only cost about 3 pounds) and are spending the day down here. It's a much better area, quite a few tourists around and it's by the coast. We're planning to go back to the hotel at about 9ish, have a shower, pack our backpacks and head to the airport at about 12 and spend a few hours there! So only really about 10 hours left in Mumbai thank god!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.161s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 56; dbt: 0.1238s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb