Welcome to India!!!


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Maharashtra » Mumbai
July 1st 2007
Published: July 1st 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hello Everyone!

I finally arrived in Mumbai, India after almost 20 hours of travelling! Our overnight flight from London was supposed to land at 11:15am Saturday morning, but was delayed due to the monsoon rains. The plane was diverted north to Ahmedabad were we finally landed. Unfortunaly, the airport was not large enough to to handle a 777 jet and the 300 people on board. We ended up waiting on the plane (no A.C!!) for about 3 hours until the rains had subsided (we thought we were going to die!). We landed in Mumbai around 6pm went through customs and were picked up by the CFHI program staff.

We are staying in the northern part of the city at the University of Mumbai. Our rooms have a.c. and the majority of the students have arrived. It is muggy, but not too hot, which is not what I expected at all. It has been raining for the past 24 hours, on and off.

Our program orientation is tomorrow morning and after we will attend our first clincal rotation. The internet cafe is directly across from the university, which will make it easy for me to keep you guys up to date.

Stay tuned....


Advertisement



Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0415s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb