India Trip Day 5


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Madhya Pradesh » Orchha
April 6th 2009
Published: April 17th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Today was a travel day. We had to be up bright and early to get a local bus from Chanderi to Orcha. Our guide had told us that we would have to walk for 15 minutes to get to the bus so it was a very pleasant surprise to find that the bus was waiting for us at the gate to our hotel this morning. I wasn't really looking for to a 15 minute walk with my pack on my back.

The bus ride itself was relatively uneventful. Although the driving certainly wasn't uneventful. There were many times when the bus driver would break very hard to miss something completley random like a cow taking a stroll across the road, and I would go flying towards the front of the bus. We were sitting right up the front of the bus next to the driver so there was nothing between us and the windscreen. But at least there was a windscreen. We saw some crazy sights on the bus trip. There were tuk tuks that were loaded up with 10 people, these things really do only take 3 or 4 comfortably. And there were trucks that were driving down the road with people clidning to every possible surface. Sometimes even on the bonnet of the car (with a sack of food!)

We arrived at orcha and we are staying in tented accomodation in the grounds of the Orcha Resort. It is a lovely hotel that even has a swimming pool. However I am sure that dad would be horrified at the state of the pool. The water is rather green and there are an awful lot of floaty things in the water. I just went for another walk around the pool and they must have turned the filtration system off because the pool is now completley minging. There are concentrations of what looks like white and brown algae. If I seen that before then I most certainly would not have been getting into the pool water.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.116s; Tpl: 0.026s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0758s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb