Varkala


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Kerala » Varkala
February 13th 2010
Published: February 28th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Cliff Edge coastal town - Varkala



After some confusion about what time was check out (They though we should be out at 4am) it was time to hook and book to the beach.
A Rickshaw ride, train, taxi, 3hrs, and a walk transported us to a tropical beach paradise, Varkala.

Coconut forests meet the beach and seem to never end. (trust me we tried to find one)
Guy worked hard to find the perfect beach bungalow at the top of the cliffs and we were set. Mossies by the million required clearing (sometimes two at a time).
Varkala is close to several fishing villages and the fish on offer never ceased to amaze, dorado, marlin, sailfish, shark, were all available.

We woke early so that Guy could haul the nets with the fishermen, whoever pulls, receives a share of the catch. Hoping for a large grouper, he received little more than a few crabs and mullet.

For three days we walked the cliffs, swam in the warm sea, took part in early morning beach fishing, ate coconut curries, fresh red snapper and prawns and relaxed with an ayuverdic massage.... all under the watchful eye of the fish eagles perched high and proud in the coconut palms.

Suntanned and relaxed we found it hard to tear ourselves away....



Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



1st March 2010

First
Oh you bastards, having a good time without me. Plus First Post, oh yeah!

Tot: 0.225s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 70; dbt: 0.1273s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb