Fruit and Spice - Yummy !!!


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Kerala » Kumily
January 5th 2010
Published: June 23rd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 9.60651, 77.164





Kumily

Today we passed more plantations, stunning scenery and reached Kumily, which is serene and they call it " God's own country". The landscape on here is amazing with hills, lush green trees and beautiful waterfalls, we were taken to Spice Plantation and given a guided tour of all the plants. We saw Cardamom, nutmeg, clove, cinnamon, pepper, vanilla, ginger and turmeric plants. We also saw some pineapples and lemongrass. I really loved seeing all the lovely spice plants and the warm fresh aroma in the beautiful surroundings.







I am very potty about all the plants and it was great joy for me to see all these rare plants, I bought a packet of spice which had small quantity of all the spices and Jasmine soap bars with lovely aroma, the Jasmine Soap bars kept my suitcase smelling fresh.
We also went to fruit plantations, looking at the fruit growing in natural surrounding made us all very hungry so they cut some fresh fruit for us and it was most delicious as it came straight from the tree and the tour leader always makes sure that they use bottled water to
wash the fruits; The pictures will say it all...There are many homestay in this area with their own tree top house overlooking the beautiful scenery.. Such a bliss !!!. Next time I will stay in one of the tree house.




Additional photos below
Photos: 37, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.144s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0427s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb