fun in gokana and diving again


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Karnataka » Gokarna
February 28th 2008
Published: March 5th 2008
Edit Blog Post

we went to gokarna for a few days and really wished we had gone there for longer. This place is great we stayed in a guest house called gnesh in a little room that was like an outdoor shed, it was rustic but colourful. The vibes here were great, met a girl called bronywin who was from manchester and a great laugh and jeremy that tried to teach me to juggle who we got quite drunk with on our last night.

Everyone was really friendly and the beaches were the best ive seen so far. We walked one day to paradice beach which turned into an all day rock climb. We stopped at half moon beach on the way, it was nice because there was no one there to hassle you. Was abit of a surprise though as we were walking there was a guy and a girl and the guy said you can go infront as im going to take my pants off....errr it was jade that noticed first that he actaully meant pants as in pants not trousers and so when i looked round and i had to laugh this guy was walking along the forest with only his wastecoat on and nothing else....fair enough if you want to be nudest thats ok (not really in india though) but you have to ask yourself a question why would someone do that ...ware no pants but still ware a wastecoat...weird!!!!

An hour away on the train we arrived in muradeshwar home of the 100ft tall shiva statue the biggest shiva in india. It sat on the hill overlooking the sea and was truely amazing!

I Went diving on the 2nd day, since leaving thailand ive been dying to go dive again so finally found somewhere where it was possible. We went 1 hour out to sea on a small boat, the water was very surprisingly clear about 25m visability, there was only 3 of us including the instrustor diving so had the waters practically to muself, the corals wernt bright like in thailand it was more rocky however i did see a shark about 1.5meters long and also a huge lobster, i went on 2 dives one for about 35 mins with diman that was learning to dive and the 2nd one just with the instructor for 55 min with a depth of 22 meters.




Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 12; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0211s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb