Leh


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Jammu & Kashmir » Ladakh » Leh
June 16th 2006
Published: June 16th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Probably the worst jouney I have ever done in my entire life. 36 hours with out any sleep and altitude sickness, but it wasn't all bad.

2am start, a jeep fit for 8 people, managed to squeeze 11 in for a 19 hour trip. We were pretty happy when we were put in the back when there were 4 in front where there was only enough for 3, but little did we know that they were gonna squeeze a fat Indian fella and another Indian man dressed as a woman, his sexuallity was given away by the fact he had an incredibly large moustach. Both were extremely smelly! Wonderful!

It was very amusing cause these guys must have been incredibly tired and would nod off every now and again, but when they did they would loose their balance and whack their heads on either our shoulders or the window next to them. The funniiest one was the guy next to me who nearly had me in tires crying with laughter when he nodded off, fell off his seat cracked his head on my knee which woke him up and he reacted by moving swiftly backwards and cascading into the window behind him. So that kept us entertained for at least 10 hours on one of the bumpiest roads I have ever come across.

The driver seemed to know every single person along the way and would stop off to have a chat, plus he would clean his car every chance he had, which was pontless cause it got dirty the moment we started driving again.

Couldn't get any sleep for the whole ride cause it was so bumpy and cramped, and when we started to climb the highest road of the trip, over 5000 metres about 4.5 miles altitude, I had the worst headache amaginable ad felt sick in my stomach, we stopped off there and had a look around, I could barly walk and was out of breath instantly. The bumpy ride didn't help one bit esspecially when we would hit a bump and my head would fly into the roof and my ribs would bash against the seat in front.

Anyway, we arrived safe and sound, but unluckely there was a strike and no restaruants were open, yet our guest house manager's brother took us to his mates restaruant which was secretly open and
LehLehLeh

Hemal's magic hat!
we watched the england Trinadad game and had a wonderful meal. Wow wow!!




Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Jeep to LehJeep to Leh
Jeep to Leh

My smelly friend with the sore head!
Jeep to LehJeep to Leh
Jeep to Leh

Second highest road in the world is not it?
Jeep to LehJeep to Leh
Jeep to Leh

Me and some snow peaks


Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0242s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb