Himachal a Landscape of Breath Taking Eyeshot


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Himachal Pradesh » Shimla
October 1st 2009
Published: October 5th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Himachal Pradesh is known as Deva Bhoomi the land of the gods. Himachal is situated in the western Himalayas. Himachal Pradesh is a mountainous state elevating about 350 meters (1,148 ft) to 6,000 meters (19,685 ft) above the sea level. Tribes such as the koilis, kinnars and kirats inhabited the region from pre-historic era. Himachal Pradesh was established as a state on April 15, 1948.

Himachal Hill Stations is the favored destination for anybody who wanted to cool their mind and senses off the heat and sultry of Indian summers. Himachal Pradesh has been bestowed with picturesque beauty that is incorporated in the various hill stations. You can experience peace and serenity by visiting various pilgrimage destinations like temples and monastery in Himachal Pradesh that are really stupendous. There are many colonial monuments that form the monumental heritage of the region.

The drainage systems of Himachal Pradesh are Sutlej, Ravi, Chenab, Beas and Yamuna. This Hill Station experience three seasons hot weather season, cold weather season and rainy season. It is considered as a fruit bowl of the country. Himachal Pradesh is a well known habitat to a variety of animals. There are around 1200 bird and 359 animal species in the state. Himachal Pradesh is divided into 12 districts Himachal Pradesh is divided into 12 districts namely, kangra, hamirpur, mandi, bilaspur, una, chamba, lahul and spiti, sirmaur, kinnaur, kullu, solan and shimla. Roads are the major mode of transport in the hilly terrains of Himachal Pradesh.

The climate of Himachal Pradesh is cool to cold all the year round and is always inviting the tourists to enjoy a stay amidst the hills and mountains in the panoramic state of Himachal Pradesh.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.036s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb