where the muthaf*$kin' cheese go at?


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Himachal Pradesh » Mcleod Ganj
February 11th 2006
Published: February 11th 2006
Edit Blog Post

ok so there isn't a bleepin' HyVee in the joint. i have walked up and down all four roads in this town and i haven't seen one Super Saver. grocery shopping is proving to be difficult. i got an apartment today. i couldn't sleep at all last night...trying to decide. so i got up early and got an espresso and toast @ MOONPEAK ESPRESSO aka " the light"...and headed to the temple at His Holiness's house. and as i sat there i came to realize that OF COURSE i would get the less expensive, simpler, more modest *wink*, one .....and it was something that Tseyang said to me as we approached the Dalai Lama's place yesterday..."he said that he wanted his house to be simple and that we should pay more attention to the nature of things." sounds right to me and i couldn't believe that i had even questioned it...so i marched down there to look at both one more time...the boy showed it to me and i realized that i could see the peak that i have fallen in love with through the window and i told him i would take it...he smiled and said he would have to call his fatehr and check because he was trying to book it with someone else at the same time ...long story short .....colin lost. but i did get the more expensive one...but you can go on the roof of this one and see EVERYTHING!!! so i guess it is good. now for the shopping...grrr... if anyone would like to send things to colin : coffee, food, money... in that order... but i for some reason decided not to bring my french press coffee pot. moment of many of colin dropping the ball on wisdom.
ok really you don't have to send me things but a letter from home would be good to hang on my wall....the address that you can send to is:

VOLUNTEER TIBET - colin egger
c/o Tashi Choeling Monastery
Jogiwara Road, Mcleod Ganj
Dharamsala (H.P.) INDIA - 176219

Tseayng said it was cool to send things to her office. so ....all those lookin' for the address...viola. or whatever. i think i am gonna climb those mountains tomorrow...
wink.
i love you.
colin

Advertisement



11th February 2006

wishlist
anxiously awaiting photographs... ...so proud...
11th February 2006

LOL
You are making me smile reading this! I have to take care of some things...will write more later!!!
12th February 2006

aint no thang
col-- I would send you some cheese you know, but I don't know how well that would keep in the mail.
13th February 2006

Yep, She's back
Mom: So cool! Im so proud of you! What do you need really? Cheese? In the fridge ;-) By the way, I'M sending prayers. Jordan: I read the blog about the monkay. I bet the monkey was thinking, "Yeah, I'm a monkey, you gotta problem with that?" Wow. Anyway, all I get to see in the middle of the road is a squirll (usually flat :-( ) Any way I'll be sending letters. And prayers too. Mattie says 'hi'. I love you. Hope all goes well teaching english and jazz. Later.
13th February 2006

letter to follow
Jack once came to me in a dream and he said i'd nevermake it to the mountain but that someone i loved and had future feet would. ole duluoz was a wise man...
18th February 2006

rambler
OK...try this again...I may have to e-mail or write and ask for instructions. God's direction has proven that he wishes to care for you by giving you the better location for your stay...enjoy. And yes, finding the comforts of our side of the earth will be difficult, if not impossible...How is the sewage system there? wink! Have you adjusted to the aroma of the cities, or are you near any large cities? How big is this place where you are staying? Murry

Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0443s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb