"beloved, please take off your shoes *rose* thank you!"


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Himachal Pradesh » Mcleod Ganj
March 6th 2008
Published: March 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

^silly sign we saw

(Firstly; hi Girik, nice to meet you o_O! I believe you XD - just repeating what the Sikh guide told us. There seems to be very little animosity about the cricket -- the Indians either button up if it's mentioned, and one of the monks at one of the monasteries is an Aussie supporter (and gave a VERY in-depth blow by blow explanation of why Australia lost to India a few years ago. Something to do with a larger pitch...))

There seem to be three kinds of tourists in Mcleod ganj:
1) those here to see the sights
2) those here to experience the culture
3) those who seem to want to get high on a mountainside.
Actually, a lot of the tourists are kind of scary looking.

It is amazing looking up at seeing the Himalayas.

Visited Daisy in Yol yesterday, and we managed to make contact with Dayel all the way away in Shimla!

Trying to contact the Vedic astologer today.

What else?

Wandered through Gharoh Odder this morning, met a few of the village kids - so cute.

Still haven't seen many of the nuns (though Rinchen-la is awesome and helpful :D)

Food is still GOOD.

Also, good time is still being had :P.

Jamyang Choeling is absolutely BEAUTIFUL. and this keyboard is hard to write with o_O so apologies for any slip-ups.

Had an interesting jeep ride up the mountain today -- had a nun half-sitting on my lap. Very squashy.

Also in Delhi, we had four in a rickshaw - I was last in, so was sitting on poor poor Felix, but the driver got me to move next to him and let me drive for a bit. That was SCARY. We wanted to go to Khan markets, but he took us to some emporium (presumably they get a commission for anything we buy), so we argued with him for fifteen minutes until he gave up and took us to Khan markets. then he tried to make us pay more. HUMPH.
I can't remember what i've told you already. o___O

I found the post office. It's CLOSED today. *sigh*


Advertisement



6th March 2008

:o
Eugh. Australia just lost the 2 one-day finals to India. Simply tragic performance from the Aussies. Spose the Indians did well though. >.< Yay!!! Let's get high on a mountainside. :3 Good to see you've still got access to an internet connection. ^_^ CLOSED?!?!?!?!?!?! I WANT MY POSTCARD!! (just kidding XD)
7th March 2008

:)
Haha, thanks for your message. Nice meeting you too. I randomly saw on Facebook that Gilliland, Olson and Jeremy joined your group, which was how I found this blog. I wished I had went to Himachal Pradesh! In my most recent trip I only traveled around Delhi (and yes the pollution frightens me, one day when I was bored at night I stargazed for half an hour and found only 5 stars) and the Jammu region of Jammu and Kashmir, which does have lovely mountain scenery. If you ever get sick of number of people in India, go to Rajasthan, which is the state with the lowest population density and is incidentally one of, if not the most colourful in terms of the architecture and clothing (both male and female).
9th March 2008

she's a naughty girl with a bad habbit, a bad habit for drugs! extasy! extasy! e! e! e! e! extasy!
haha i love summer heights high. sooo funny. i bet you loved the nun on your lap. that was a joke julia.

Tot: 0.118s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0766s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb