Mcleod Ganj


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Himachal Pradesh » Mcleod Ganj
October 11th 2005
Published: October 11th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Delhi - McLeod Ganj


Hi,

Today is our 5th and last day in Mcleod Ganj. It is located in the Himalaya mountains, the views here are magnificent. It is the exile residence of the HHDC (His Hinece Dali Lama). 99% of the tourists here and in the sorrounding villages are Israelies. The trend here is to take spiritual courses such as Yoga, Reiki, Meditation, Tibetian cooking (spiritual as well? maybe...), massage, even knitting (is it back?). Me and Ayelet went against the stream (as we did in Las Vegas, where we did not gamble even once) and did not take even one course. To compansate that, we explored the area, by foot and by vechile.
The only problem with that is the weather, it is realy misleading. One wakes up in the morning, the sun is shining, no cloud in the sky so he believes that a lovely day is ahead. However, at around 11AM, the sky become cloudy. At noon, a thunder storm begins and then heavy rain and hail. Like that each and every single day since we arrived. After the 2nd day, we understood the weather sceam and conducted accordingly: we woke up early in the morning, hiked half day, and when the storm has begun, found the nearest chai shop / internet (like right now) and waited until the strom stopped. Afterwards, continued with our exploring plans.
On the bus from Delhi to Mcleod, we met Lee, a Taiwan woman, aged 47 who looks 27. It looks like she did not know where she was and what she was doing so we "adopted" her and toured the area with her on the following days.
Yesterday we took a driver to explore several places in the area. First one was Chemunda Devi temple where we were the only 3 foreigners and were an attraction there. After that, we went to Tatwani, hot springs in no where. The driver hardly found the place (although he promised that he knew - the Indians never say that they don't know).
After a rough way, including a river crossing, we found the place. Just before the place, one lady saw on our faces that we are from the holy land and shouted :"Are you Israelies?" we nodded. She and some more people went their for one week "retreat yoga". And again, Israelies every where.

Our next stop is Amritzer.

Bye, Sharon


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 17; qc: 69; dbt: 0.0622s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb