Adidas or sweatshops?


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Haryana » Ambala
May 1st 2014
Published: May 1st 2014
Edit Blog Post

The company that I used that uses sweatshops to manufacture their goods are Adidas. Surprisingly one of the biggest company in the business as of today has workers living with minimum wage jobs that pay each worker $1.25 including everything they had to pay for the basic needs that people need which makes them with the rest of the money they earned to only pay for their food in order to survive. The conditions for the sweatshops that Adidas resorts too are that the workers in Indonesia work on average 65 hours a week and only get paid 34 pence per hour which isn’t a lot of money in dollars. They also live with poor conditions in small rooms that could barely fit a family of 3, and also live with the condition of having their sewer of drained poop lying everywhere to be smelled around by the people which bring horrific living conditions. What can be done to the company’s product to delete cheap labor is to use cheaper material that can be more cost affordable in order to pay the workers more money.



http://usas.org/2012/11/05/tell-adidas-stop-making-excuses-pay-the-pt-kizone-workers-now/


Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.062s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb