Ten Thousand Karma Points in Junagadh


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Gujarat » Junagadh
October 8th 2009
Published: October 8th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We’re SO glad we stopped in Junagadh. First off it was 10 000 steps instead of the initially thought 7000 but what’s 3000 between fiancés?????? So we arrived in Junagadh, checked into a decent little hotel. Got some nice Thali - Vegetarian of course and then went to bed. Alarm set for 5am. We tried to sleep with all the madness outside resembling something like Swat Valley in Pakistan. Anyway, after being woken by the alarm and debating if we should sleep in and do it another day we decided to get up and get are arses into gear (with friendly persuasion from a screaming muslim man calling to pray). So rickshaw to the foot of the hill and start at step 1 we breeze up the first 1000. 1001 upwards is slowly getting painful coupled with the fact that every 50 steps there is a sign indicating how many more steps to go. It shows that neither of us have had physical exercise for a while as we are panting and sweating like a pair of fat men in a cake shop. We hold our own though and are rarely overtaken and pass many other people on the way up with our impressive 2 steps at a time technique (Okay, so they were probably aged between 60-70 but schme).

We reach the top and have an amazing view of everything below us. After making prayers to our parents and drinking some holy water and being blessed by a temple man its time for descent back down. All in all around a 5 hour trip with incredible views along the way.

Now in Rajasthan and in Udaipur. Legs are aching and we are doing amazing John Wayne impressions with the way we are walking. Udaipur looks amazing and not as hot as expected and VV will update you at the end of the week sometime.

NICE ONE!!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



10th October 2009

howd dem cows get up there
Hi Gorgouses, great stories and photos, seems its everything you were hoping for and more. The colours and the food are what stands out from here. keep up the good work, you both look so happy. Miss and love from all, Mimi on my lap, she was locked in my bedroom all day so needs attention. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
14th October 2009

Udaipur
Hey Tom and V, Udaipur is amazing as you are probably finding out. How many times ahve you watched Octopussy. Make sure you splash out on a night at the lake palace hotel and go to a restaurant serving bhang lassie. Also there is a cheap backpackers there with a beautifull swimming pool. Well worth a rest stop. H

Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 13; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0249s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb