The Afonso Guesthouse


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Goa » Panaji
February 20th 2006
Published: March 6th 2006
Edit Blog Post

The Afonso Guesthouse is situated on San Sabastian Road steps from San Sabastion Chapel. Contact Janette at 2222359 for reservations.

Janette, the proprietress, is friendly, helpful, and keeps a very clean establishment of eight rooms starting at Rs700. At very reasonable prices, breakfast is served on the terrace at the top of the guesthouse and includes Goan bread, eggs, juice, jam, coffee, and tea served by two very able young girls, who work here.

It is a pleasure to spend time in this family run establishment. The laundry is always finished by next morning, fresh clean sheets are provided when staying longer and the rooms and the bathroom are swept and cleaned regularly. Hot water from geyser is plentiful. Fans in the rooms make sleeping pleasant.

Hanging out on the terrace gives one a chance to exchange ideas, information and suggestions with other travellers.

When in need of directions, access to a doctor, or access to "must sees" in Panaji and Goa, Janette is always ready to provide the proper information.

Just down the street is a small 'supermarket' where daily necessities, food and fresh produce can be bought.

The bus station for local excursions, like Old Goa, Mapusa Market, Anjuna Market and all the beaches, is just a few minutes walk away. Panaji is located so that excursions to North and South Goa are easily accessible by tourist bus or local bus.

Just around the corner from the Afonso is "The Panjim Inn". This is the perfect place to eat authentic Goan food, drink Kingfisher beer and be an extremely short stroll away from your room.

All noteworthy sights in Panaji, not to mention a lovely shopping area, banks and ATM machines are within walking distance of the Afonso Guesthouse. Staying here adds to a wonderfully relaxing time spent in Goa and Panaji.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0274s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb