Finally some sight seeing!


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Goa » Panaji
February 9th 2007
Published: February 17th 2007
Edit Blog Post

So i guess you guys were wondering are they ever going to do anything over than sit on the beach in Goa - well the good news is yes we did!

Today we went to the capital of Goa Panaji, even caught a public bus there - check us out! The buses are actually ok, no goats on the top weeing down the window as someone told me was the case! Only worrying thing is the door at the back of the bus stays open, so when the bus is full people are literally stood on the outside of the bus! Me and Michelle were ok though, she got the Ladies seat and i got the seat for the physically challeneged!!

So got to Panaji and did a one hour walk tour that was in our Lonely Planet. The starting point was the beautiful Church of the Immaculate Conception. Then we headed up a hill and up hundreds of steps, on a hot day it wasn't too much fun! Anyway at the top of the steps was a monkey temple, no actual monkeys there just a temple devoted to the monkey god! Managed to lose Michelle in the temple so nearly had a panic attack - but she was just around the corner looking for me - she hadn't see me go up the stairs into the actual temple, d'oh! Then onwards up the hill to see the Archbishop of Goa's mansion, very nice it was to as was the huge silver jesus statue in his front garden!

We hopped back on a bus and headed into Old Goa - its a pretty decolate place, there not any restaurants or shops there, it just has a few churches and a cathedral. We went into the Basillica of Bom Jesus and saw the remains of St Francis Xavier - and you can literally see the guys head, apparently the miracle about him and why he was a saint is because his human remains did not rot!

Got back on our bus just in time to get to the beach to watch the sun set - the sun sets here are really nice, picture perfect if you will!


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

St Francis Xaviers remains!St Francis Xaviers remains!
St Francis Xaviers remains!

See if you can see his head!


19th February 2007

To my trailblazer
I was almost mortified thinking you had not received any of my comments but the mention of my name (albeit in the latter part of your list) has redeemed you my girl!! We are all keeping well and have been out partying on several evenings with your immediate parents, you know the type of thing a few local clubs and the local scene (akas Bangla, Shenstone Club etc). Also we have joined the local cinema club which meets once a month on a Friday - the films so far have been completely rubbish so we almost can't wait for next month's offering!! Please wash your feet before you return and improve on that sun tan.
20th February 2007

Cinema club!
Sounds like i am missing out!! He he glad i redeemed myself mother 2 - couldn't miss you out as all the comments i receive are from you!

Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0323s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb