Frisbie on Palolem Beach


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Goa » Palolem
October 31st 2006
Published: December 7th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Sunset on Palolem BeachSunset on Palolem BeachSunset on Palolem Beach

Goa is famous for its sunsets and this one at Palolem beach was no exception.
I took an overnight sleeper bus from Pune to Palolem beach in Goa. I wasn't sleeping well and welcomed the unscheduled stop when the brakes on the bus started to emit a burning smell throughout the coach. They had the bus jacked up, the wheels off, fixed and back on the road within 2 hours. Pretty impressive since most of the passengers didn't even wake up. These sorts of things are what goes in India - its the norm you know.

The sunsets in Goa are spectacular, the pace of life is slow and this is reflected in the chilled out atmosphere of the people enjoying the beach life. Palolem has one of the nicest beaches along the coast of Goa, it is kept clean and tidy by locals and is lined with beautiful palm trees.

I met other travellers at the various beach bars and resturants, and around the beach huts and guest houses. Huts are wooden shacks on stilts, are cheap and provide convenient access to the beach. Although being so close to the sea at times I found it a little noisy and you do have to watch out for the mosquitoes and bed bugs.
The Wheels On The BusThe Wheels On The BusThe Wheels On The Bus

The wheels on the bus go round and round and keep on going round when the brakes fail.

I failed to see some of the more obvious tourist attractions such as the cathedrals in Old Goa or the busy Anjuna Market. Instead I spent my time sizzling myself on the beach, enjoying the food and drink in the evenings or exploring the surrounding countryside where I found hidden temples, deserted beaches and rural life such as workers and local children.

Lots of other travellers here advised me to take my time, don't rush the experience, to relax and enjoy myself and so that's exactly what I did. There's nothing much more chilled out than joining in with a game of frisbie underneath the gorgeous sunsets of Goa.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Jumping for JoyJumping for Joy
Jumping for Joy

Me jumping about on the beach whilst having my photo taken in this artistic shot.
Goa LandscapeGoa Landscape
Goa Landscape

The landscape here is lush green with fields and palm trees as far as the eye can see.
HarvestHarvest
Harvest

I came across these workers harvesting hay from the fields.
Meal TimeMeal Time
Meal Time

The Italian restaurant was a favourite amongst the gang of party goers I met.
Fishing boatsFishing boats
Fishing boats

Hundreds of these fishing boats go out daily to catch fresh fish to the delight of the tourists here. The baby shark is especially good.
Bangles GaloreBangles Galore
Bangles Galore

In the main town of Margao the covered markets have a colourful selection of bangle shops.
Spices R UsSpices R Us
Spices R Us

This friendly shopkeeper explains what all the various spices are and happily poses for the camera.


7th December 2006

Hi
Every thing looks amazing. Glad that you are still enjoying your magical mystery tour...
7th December 2006

Wow!!
Hi Steve, apologies for not contacting you sooner! You seem to having a great time and the updates are all fab. We are all jealous of course and would love to be with you chilling out and having fun. Your photos are amazing and will make a wonderful record of this fantastic experience! Keep up the good chilling and please take care of yourself. Have fun and we await the next installment. Thinking of you x x

Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.027s; cc: 12; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0267s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb