The Inevitableness of Goodbye


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Goa » Colva
October 25th 2009
Published: October 26th 2009
Edit Blog Post

It’s the last night of our last full day and Jared and I are both feeling what everyone feels at the end of a trip - sad for it to end, but excited to get home and start moving on with all the other exciting stuff we have to look forward to (stay tuned, we’re gonna keep writing!). It’s just that, it wasn’t until the last few days that we felt like we got the hang of all of this...although I think that’s often the case when you travel.

The first week of a trip, especially to a country like India, is overwhelming and action-packed. It’s hard to just relax, even though it’s often the whole purpose of the trip. There’s a bit of guilt involved, you’re trying to detach yourself from all of your other obligations, you’re in a different space so you’re still trying to make it comfy and “your own”, and then there’s always a bit of time spent getting into a pattern with the person you’re traveling with (even if you’re married to them). Each locale brings with it’s own quirks and dis/advantages, and it takes a touch of time to figure those out.

For instance, just tonight Jared and I discovered this cool little bar on the backside of the hotel. And we figured out the most amazing breakfast that we can order in bed, that comes with everything we could ever want and isn’t ridiculously expensive. I’m to the point where I don’t mind running on the treadmill in the gym, even if it is 30 degrees Celsius in there (for all you Americans, that is FRIGGIN’ HOT). I think I finally have Jared looking forward to yoga in the morning ☺ and we’re both feeling the benefits. I think Jared has me enjoying sleeping in a bit, no more 7 am mornings, and we’re both feeling the benefits. Our skin has adjusted to the sun and the heat, so when we leave our place we don’t immediately break into a sweat. Our palates are a bit more sensitive to the spice, so we’re more critical of the food…but enjoying it more as well, as we learn a bit of what “well-spiced” Indian food means. In that same vein, we should have been eating more dosas!!! We’ve determined that we do enjoy the turn down service that comes late in the afternoon, where as we originally thought it was a bit silly. We’ve figured out where the good spot on our beach is, that a long walk on the beach in relative peace and quiet is not as cheesy as it may sound, that wearing a robe for several hours a day just plain makes things better, and that wearing a swimsuit the rest of the time makes choosing what you’re going to wear for the day so much easier.

To close out India, here are a few random pics of some fun moments we didn't write about, but that hopefully will amuse you. Now it's time for us to pack up and head home. But one more round of yoga and breakfast in bed before we do...


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

OH NO!!!!OH NO!!!!
OH NO!!!!

I just ate a whole Indian pepper by accident... I can feel the burntrail on the side of my mouth where I ate it, all the way down my throat! Tomorrow may be painful.
Goodbye!Goodbye!
Goodbye!

If the roadtrip happens, we'll be back. But until then, bye everyone!


Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0521s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb