Probably last transmission.


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Goa » Colva
December 18th 2006
Published: December 18th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hi all,
Goa is the kind of place we wouldn't come to usually. It has beaches, coconut palms, middle aged sunburned fat drunken English tourists watching the cricket, hippies and it is as hot as QLd at christmas. But its OK.
We went to the most developed areas for a few days - Calangute, Baga, Anjuna. Some good food there. Lots of stuff for sale, most of it crap. Beaches are a nightmare - you walk onto the sand and are swamped with touts trying to get you to lie on their sunbeds or sell you jet ski rides. Not relaxing at all.
We are now at a less developed place which is quieter and easier but the food is not as good and there is very little to do for two non beach people (thanks goodness for rental scooters). We are stuck here for the next couple of days until our train to Mumbai where we will spend 3 nights before coming home. when home we are planning to drink all the water in the taps, have showers where we know there will be hot water, drive on roads where all the traffic is going in the same direction, go to shops where the price is the price and where I rarely will have to use the words, NO I DONT WANT A NICE PASHMINA.

Yes, as you may have guessed the travel bug has been well and truly squashed.

Look forward to seeing you all in a week
Love Megan and Clayton.
PS we may at some time add some final photos to the blog - probably after we get home though.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0609s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb