Goa - Sun Kissed Beaches


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Goa » Calangute
August 21st 2011
Published: August 21st 2011
Edit Blog Post

Travel Period: 10 to 12 Jan 2009

From Alleppey, we took a flight to Goa. Our hotel's pick up was late and he reeked of alcohol!! It took around 30 45 mins drive to our hotel : Calangute Hotel. We passed by towns, with buildings and slowly these buildings disappeared and view of the beach were visible. Roads were very windy and narrow.
The taxi pulled up in front of our hotel. We were so disappointed as the building looked so old and just in front, there was another building that was still being constructed. When we stepped in, our jaws opened in disbelief.

We had practically stepped in to another world. This was a boutique hotel and it lived up to its name. Inside the hotel was really really nice. I remember when i liaised with the manager a few months ago for the booking of the hotel, i encountered a few problems whereby the hotel said that their printer/scanner was down and couldn't send a confirmation slip which i had requested. I just needed a black and white proof that i had booked a hotel just in case when i arrive and there rooms were all taken. The manager, Subhakar, was a professional who showed us our room and the hotel. Our room was very cosy, with a flat screen TV, modern facilities including the toilet. everything was spick and span. We took a while to absorb all the interiors of the hotel. The interior walls of the hotel had nice paintings, a few computers with internet access (also available in the room) and story books. They even had a bar with a few tables for guest to have lunch/dinner. Service was quick unlike what u had experienced in other parts of India.

We ventured out to the beach which was about 10 minutes. Endless rows of tourist sun bathing under the hot sun. All beach shacks were with people eating or drinking regardless of the time. There is this feeling of happiness or shall i say freedom? People walking in their swimsuits, sounds of the waves makes it feel light. In Goa, we didn't do any sight seeing as this was our last leg of our India trip and we just wanted to relax before we get back to our lives back in Singapore. We also visited the night market as well. At night, the town is packed with tourist as well. Everyone is dressed casually and the night markets were stretched endlessly.

We wished that we had extended our stay in Goa but couldn't due to our schedule. Our whole stay in India was very fulfilling as this was our first trip for my mum, sis and myself. This trip was planned by ourselves without any help from any travel agency but from pure research taken from other travelers.

On my way back to Singapore, i had already planned another trip to India.... 😊

Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0505s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb