Just Checkin' In


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Goa » Calangute
September 28th 2006
Published: January 2nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

CountrysideCountrysideCountryside

Lush after Monsoon
Hi everyone, and welcome to our blog. Hope we don't bore you too much, we promised to keep you up to date on what's going on in our lives and hopefully you'll all keep in touch with us - it's nice to hear from you all even if it's only a quick 2 line e-mail.

Well as you've guessed we arrived intact and with all of our baggage, a miracle in itself going on BA's past history with our luggage. We had to check hand luggage on because it was too big and then ran all the way from Terminal 1 to Terminal 4 but made it just in time. The flight was good, in fact we slept for most of it (must have been the voddy and whisky)!!. Anyway, I knew we were back in India when the hand dryer in the toilets at mumbai played "jingle bells" to me - they love their noisy gadgets over here. Had a good flight down to Goa then it all went a bit pear shaped. The day we arrived was the worse day of monsoon so far (apparently), it was bucketing down and didn't stop until the next day. We arrived
Panjim in the rainPanjim in the rainPanjim in the rain

View from Cafe Coffee Day's balcony of the wet Panjim streets
at Sunpark just as it was getting dark and the bugs were out, we had no mossie cream - mossie cream, that's another story. Anyway we popped out for some shopping and had a bite to eat at rock cafe - good old Felix and his jacket potatoes. Fed and watered we decided to skip any further nightlife for a bit of TV back at home, unfortunately the weather had different plans and decided to bring down a few cables so no power for us..........WELCOME BACK TO GOA!!!!


Since then we've been quite busy, we had a lovely night up at Gary and Sara's place, had a lovely pool party, ate loads of food and got a bit tipsy!! The house is fantastic now it's finished, it's in the middle of nowhere surrounded by greenery, it's really private. We had another night out at Molly's with the lovely Leslie and Mark & Simon, they've got a new place opening soon - will update you all on that when it's open.



We've been trying to get the appartment sorted, it always takes ages because the smell of monsoon gets into everything so all the stuff that we leave behind needs re-washing. The old twin tub packed in after 2 loads so we went out and bought a new automatic yesterday, today is laundry day in the Sullivan household. We bought some new rugs and curtains, we had to buy three curtains for the big window and they had to be shortened - only problem was the tailor shortened them to three different lengths so we have one at 70", one at 72" and one at 74"...................don't you just love goa!!!, if you tilt your head slightly to the left and close one eye they look ok.



The weather has been quite a mix over the past week, loads of rain, very humid and quite a lot of sunshine, we haven't been to the beach yet but have been out and about in the car and have had a few trips to Panjim and Mapusa. We finally got the gas sorted for the cooker yesterday and decided to cook and eat at home.........you've guessed, another power cut, praise the man that invented candles!!!



Anyway, you must all be bored rigid by now and I've got washing to do so will say bye for now.

Take Care and we'll see you all soon, Bev & Barry xxxxxxxxxxx

..............almost forgot, mossie cream - Barry cleaning teeth in bathroom shouts through to me "what flavour's this bloody toothpaste?"............oh yes!, ODOMUS - gets rid of mossies and leaves your gnashers sparkling too!!!



Posted on Sep. 28th, 2006 at 11:52 pm

Advertisement



Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 71; dbt: 0.0779s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb