ATD - It's a long and winding road....


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Goa » Benaulim
December 29th 2008
Published: February 2nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

The CrewThe CrewThe Crew

Belle, ATD and ABD, Bek, Adam, Anjali & Tim
Adam, Bek, Anabelle, Tim, Anjali and us arrived in Goa today via a bus from the Maharastian chaos of Pune. The bus ride was difficult to endure. The constant hairpin bends (those Adelaidians amongst you just picture devil’s elbow repeated dozens of times in a row) made the experience similar to taking a roller coaster at a carnival but not being allowed off for several hours. So arrive in Goa we did, at around 6am, thankfully to be picked up by a friend of Bek’s friends through MRA. The bus had been too much for little Belle though, who lost the battle with her belly and proceeded to empty its contents onto her dad’s waiting lap. We put our bags down at the Royal Palms in the seaside village of Benaulim, and went to bed, thankful to have solid ground under our heads, with sun, sand and surf filling our early morning dreams.
We woke with excited expectation and headed down to the beach, which is about one kilometer from the hotel. Benaulim is one beach of many on a seemingly endless stretch of powdery white sands extending along Goa’s central coast. The beach is lined with ‘multi-cuisine’ restaurant after restaurant, making every kind of food but specializing in nothing. Alas, we did not make it more then 50 yards down the beach, when we were happy to be distracted by the second establishment we saw which served cold drinks. We whittled away the afternoon with sand between our toes and beer within our fingers at ‘Johncy’s’; which would become our second home for the next few days. The inevitable crash came with the evening, with all of us feeling drained, and Anjali feeling particularly crook over dinner. I sampled my first Indian-Italian cuisine, and regretted it.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Baby Love!Baby Love!
Baby Love!

The worlds sweetest little angel and an equally sweet man on a gorgeous beach in southern India


Tot: 0.249s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0457s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb