ATD


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Goa » Palolem
December 30th 2008
Published: February 2nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Today we went to Palolem beach in the south of Goa in a 4x4 we had hired for the days we would spend in Goa. During the drive south Alexia and I immediately fell in love with this tiny Indian state. It was governed by Portugal for over 400 years, until it was forcibly taken as an Indian possession in 1962. This has left behind a legacy of siestas, Catholicism and charming Portuguese architecture.
Palolem is a beautiful picture-postcard bay which is much busier than where we were staying at Benaulim. It is also filled with tourists (mostly younger than 30) and accommodation and shops of all descriptions.
Alexia and the girls magnetized to all things marketesque spent a good hour browsing in the small shack like shops that lined the path to the beach. Alexia, always happy to pick up a bargain, bought some lovely spiral designed earrings for 50 rupees before hitting the beach restaurants for a cold Kingfisher beer.
We gratefully returned back to the much quieter Benaulim, and had dinner at Coco’s on the beach. We little knew at the time that Coco’s was to become our regular haunt at Benaulim the second time we returned to Goa.



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.297s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0812s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb