home again


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Goa » Arambol
February 11th 2010
Published: February 11th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Firstly i must tell you about these guys we met in Hampi, they have bought a rickshaw and are planned to drive round the south of India on it. Straight away well could tell that these guys were going to get into some sticky situations as drama seemed to follow them, but they were always laughing looking at eachother for help. We wish them the best of luck, they are going to need it! They told us they have no battery and you need to drive fast at night time for the front light to work well, but when your going that fast its hard to avoid the potholes. So they have to drive slowly with hardly any light at all!
Hampi was such a beautiful place but we thought we had seen enough of the temples and wanted to get back on the road. Alicia being harassed by the indian men and mosquitos was the icing on the cake. We made the decision to head back to Goa. Althought it was quite far, we were sure we could do it in a couple of days. So on the first day we drove for about 5 hours and arrived at a town called Hubli. We stayed at hotel that had bedbugs which sucked, luckily we didnt get biten and changed rooms.
We set off after two days in Hubli which was more than enough. It was a long 10 hour non stop slog to Goa, which was seriously tough, the roads were the worst yet and non existant which made it even harder work. Just before nightfall we made it back to Arambol. This place almost feels like home, walking around greeting all the familiar faces from before.
On our way out for some grub that night two guys on push bikes asked us if we knew of a good place to stay. Jack was from Cornwall and Rob was from London and they rode here all the way seperatly and met along the journey. We were absolutely amazed by the there achievement and of there little stories. Anyway we had a few beers with them that night and arranged to go and camp on the beach me an lissy went to just before christmas, called paradise bay.


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



Tot: 0.156s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0746s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb