Heading for the sun and sea


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Andaman & Nicobar Islands » Port Blair
March 5th 2008
Published: March 5th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Another two days in Kolkata. The city is very busy on one side hectic on the other side even a bit laid back. We mainly explored the city by foot and were very tired in the evenings. The city does not have a lot to offer or to see, the main thing which I found fascinating or rather disturbing were the huge differences. You can see the well kept buildings and areas from the British era and on the other side the real poverty and misery of the people living on the street.

After going to the Bangladesh embassy on Monday we finally decided to skip the plan of travelling there. Instead we decided to move on to the Andamans. We flew here this morning and are staying in Port Blair until tomorrow morning. Then we will get a ferry to an island called Havelock where we intend to do some scuba diving.

Up to now I can say that the Indian experience for me is a bit difficult. For me, India is a country of cultures, great cultures and history. It is negative and positive. I do find the people sometimes very annoying, they cannot accept a 'No' or leave you alone. It is sometimes not possible to get rid of them. On the other side there are so many lovely and friendly (sometimes even naive) people. So it makes it difficult to differentiate the two sorts at the beginning and not to think that all of them are annoying.





Advertisement



Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0294s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb