Hong Kong and Lauras' birthday


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong
June 21st 2011
Published: June 21st 2011
Edit Blog Post

Hello everyone! just thought we'd write to give you a brief update of the hilarious trip so far!
Starting at Heathrow!!! it is always with the best laid plans that something is bound to go wrong! Hong Kong was the only place we had booked accommodation...luckily we bumped into kates' family friend, James, ten minutes before boarding, who we proudly showed the hotel that we had booked...after a moment of stunned silence he pointed out this was in China in which we needed a visa to cross the border! as you can imagine there was a bit of a panic!
Luckily James lives in Hong kong and fixed us up with a hostel (talk about making a good first impression!) Day 2 was Lauras' birthday so we started in style with a glass of champayne and some lovely presents. We decided to catch a tram to victoria peak, kate asked the driver, who told us it was only a few stops down (little did we know he was directing us to victoria park!) Consequently the picture of laura sitting on a tram with nobody on it resembles what happened next!! we ended up not getting off the tram...AT ALL! and had several tram drivers laughing at us at the terminal!
After an hours detour we made it to victoria peak and saw the breathtaking views over Hong Kong. Unbelievably James' generousity later took us to Hutongs (a restaurant on the 29th floor looking over hong kong island), where we started with a cocktail watching the symphony of lights show. We were stunned into silence - rare we know! Two bottles of champayne later and after an amazing meal we experienced the night life and James' club. Four bottles of champayne later....we eventually left the club at six.... it was a birthday to remember!!!
However the next day Laura was certainly feeling the effects! and a long winding bus journey for 45 minutes was not the best idea...
We have loved every minute of Hong Kong and kicked off our travels in style!! Currently we are waiting 6 hours in bangkok airport where we booked a flight from hong kong to bangkok, bangkok to malaysia. This was to ensure we werent going to miss the second flight....we've ensured that - what plonkers!



Additional photos below
Photos: 75, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0352s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb