Getting Upgraded on plane to Hong Kong


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong
March 22nd 2009
Published: December 19th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Getting upgraded on a flight is one of the goals of all travellers. Due to flight cancellations, my flight got re-routed and I had to catch a flight from Bangkok to Thailand on Thai Airlines. This flight let me achieve the ultimate – a free upgrade.

I didn’t notice it was an upgrade till half through the flight when I peered through the curtain and saw economy class, with their plastic cutlery, three seats in a row and alcohol rations. Too bad this wasn’t the worlds longest flight.

Now once we landed in Hong Kong, we had 7 hours to kill – not knowing much about the place prior, we looked at a train which took you through the city – the logistics of the city however made this option unavailable. We got out the airport, a bit of mission, and saw there was an expo on in a convention centre about a fifteen minute walk away. The convention centre proved quite boring so we made our way back to the airport. All the stores were closing, and we were starving and thirsty so bought water. It was some sort of replenishment water so I didn’t drink it and remained parched.

We went to check in, the first in line, however due to some mess up, we were not confirmed and had to be placed on stand by. We waited nervously until about two hours later we were told we would be on the plane.

Hong Kong airport is probably bigger than some small countries. I still think there is a lot more to Hong Kong, and to China than this airport – due to my definition on countries being UN recognised I do count this as a visit –eventful at that – but likely to back again.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0175s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb