China - Part 4: HONG KONG :)


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong
November 18th 2009
Published: November 18th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in Hong Kong today and we're departing tomorrow for Japan. So we're only spent hours in HK really - yet I feel me, Narj and Sav got quite a lot done consider I felt a little under the weather today too.

Hong Kong seems amazing! So vibrant and so very different in parts when you venture out of the hustle and bustle. Our first stop today was to the Big Buddha which was on the outskirts of the city on LanTau Island. The journey up was really scenic and we drove past some beaches and villas which was really nice to see - so different from the busy inner city. The Buddha was very grand and impressive to see right up a hill.

Then we went to see the HK skyline and caught the light show from the buildings at 8pm - which was so impressive! Didnt realise the HK skyline so was long! It was beautiful at night time! Gosh HK is so different from mainland China - so much more modern. And no-one stares at you on the underground - you just get accepted as it is so diverse.

Its 1.30am and I should really go to sleep because we've got to get up early ready for our flight to Japan.
All I can say is that China has been a very interesting experience. Its a shame we couldnt stay in HK longer as I think I would like it here (its very similar to London and there seems like loads to explore). We've seen so many things in China - and you just have to take the good with the bad. And like our tour leader Andy says, at times you just have to accept 'This Is China'.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0575s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb